Road Systems Inc. offers a new solution to an old problem: directly shielding bridge piers from impact.
The BEAT-BP is a revolutionary system that fills an application for which there are few other options. It is both lower in cost and more effective than the Thrie Beam Bullnose system.
- Directly shields bridge piers.
- Adjustable for pier spacing and for number of piers.
- Solves the problem of grass mowing and maintenance operations in Bullnose areas.
- Reduces overall exposure area compared to Bullnose systems.
- Requires less grading & easier to install and maintain compared to Bullnose systems.
- Self-contained system / additional or existing box beam barrier not required.
- Interchangeable components with other RSI products (BEAT, BEAT-MT, BEAT-SSCC).
- Major components include 6 x 6 box beam, breakaway steel posts, impact head, non-breakaway steel posts, cable anchor assemblies and associated hardware.
- BEAT-BP 1 Pier Drawing 1
- BEAT-BP 1 Pier Drawing 2
- BEAT-BP 2 Pier Drawing 1
- BEAT-BP 2 Pier Drawing 2
- BEAT-BP 3 Pier Drawing 1
- BEAT-BP 3 Pier Drawing 2
- BEAT-BP 4 Pier Drawing 1
- BEAT-BP 4 Pier Drawing 2
- BEAT-BP Bridge Pier Drawing
- BEAT-BP Recommended Grading Drawing
- December 12, 2003 BEAT-BP Approval
- Installation Manual for BEAT-BP